We are delighted with the final Ofsted report from the inspection that took place last term. We maintained our ‘Good’ rating, and the inspector was satisfied that Safeguarding is effective.
Some particular strengths highlighted were:
• Good leadership that sets high ambitions for pupils and staff
• Hard work and positive attitudes are valued
• Strong sense of community and teamwork
• Parents consider staff to be helpful, caring and approachable
• Pupils feel well cared for and that learning is fun
• Staff improve their practice continually
• Pupils make strong progress, for example in Phonics
• Staff are committed to meeting the needs of every pupil
• Governors know the school well and have a deep understanding of its strengths and weaknesses.
We were particularly pleased to hear how happy parents are with their children’s education, and the children’s eagerness to learn also came across strongly: ‘Pupils’ approach to learning and their conduct continue to be exceptionally positive.’
Our one area for development was in challenging high achieving pupils more, through probing questions that require them to think deeply about their work. Our School Development Plan clearly sets out a comprehensive action plan to improve in this area, and we will continue to make this a priority. We are investing in a number of training courses around greater depth, as well as working with other schools to share best practice.
The full report can be read here: https://reports.ofsted.gov.uk/inspection-reports/find-inspection-report/provider/ELS/110026