Yattendon Church of England (Aided) Primary School is situated in the village of Yattendon which lies six miles North East of Newbury. We are in the North Wessex Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The school building was built in 1892 and given to Yattendon village by Alfred Waterhouse in memory of his son Alfred Maurice Waterhouse.
The school serves a wide catchment area, although the majority of our children (61%) are from outside catchment, showing that we are a school of choice. Our main feeder secondary school is The Downs, although children move to a variety of settings.
The attractions of our school are many - a lovely building, a beautiful rural environment with a large playing field and playground for our pupils to enjoy, committed teachers, support staff and governors. The school has an active Parent Teacher Association (Friends of Yattendon School - FOYS) which runs events to raise funds for the school.
The school maintains collaborative links with a variety of local independent schools - Bradfield College, Pangbourne College, Elstree and St. Andrews where children attend workshops and events.
The school offers a large outdoor space with a variety of areas: field, pond, outdoor classroom and hard surface playground with sport courts. The school believes strongly in providing after-school clubs that meet the interests of all our children. Sports such as gymnastics, netball, multi-sports, judo and football in addition to a gardening club, street-dance classes, face-painting, coding club and school Choir are all on offer.