A Yattendon linguist ...
speaks with good intonation and pronunciation and shows fluency in reading and writing. They have a strong awareness of the culture of the countries where the language is spoken.
Through our Modern Foreign Languages curriculum, we aim to nurture the following essential characteristics of linguists:
- the confidence to speak with good intonation and pronunciation.
- fluency in reading.
- fluency and imagination in writing.
- a strong awareness of the culture of the countries where the language is spoken.
- a passion for languages and a commitment to the subject.
- the ability to use language creatively and spontaneously.
- an independence in their studies and the ability to draw upon a wide range of resources.
We use a range of resources that encourage pupils to learn French with the emphasis on speaking.
Topics such as Family, Hobbies, Town, Pets and Bedroom are carefully selected as they are relevant to pupils' everyday lives and they will want to talk about them. The topics contain vocabulary that pupils use everyday in school and at home and this vocabulary, often in the form of a conversation, is set to music, rhythm and rhyme.