The 2014 National Curriculum for Design and Technology aims to ensure that all pupils:
- produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences
- become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques
- evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art, craft and design
- know about great artists, craft makers and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms.
Through our Art curriculum and enrichment provision, we aim to nurture the following essential characteristics of artists:
- confidence in the use of materials, processes and techniques to express emotions and interpret observations.
- use art to communicate fluently in visual and tactile form, with independence, initiative and originality
- draw confidently and adventurously from observation, memory and imagination.
- have an interest in and to develop a impressive knowledge and understanding of artists, craft-makers and designers.
- have the ability to reflect on, analyse and critically evaluate their own work and that of others.
Kingfisher class demonstrate confident painting and sketching skills
Robins - collage to show the Great Fire of London
Year 1 mixed media collage