A Yattendon writer ...
writes fluently and with interesting detail across the curriculum. They have a vivid imagination and a highly developed vocabulary. Writing is structured and neat with accurate punctuation and spelling. It demonstrates a passion for writing in all its forms.
Through our curriculum, we aim to nurture the following essential characteristics of writers:
- the ability to write fluently and with interesting detail on a number of topics throughout the curriculum.
- a vivid imagination which makes readers engage with and enjoy their writing.
- a highly-developed vocabulary and an excellent knowledge of writing techniques to extend details or description.
- well-organised and structured writing which includes a variety of sentences structures.
- excellent transcription skills that ensure their writing is well presented and punctuated, spelled correctly and neat.
- a love of writing and an appreciation of its educational, cultural and entertainment values.